Are you looking for ways to promote positive growth in your community?
Skills and tools are available to create successful change with your fellow community members by using the most abundant resource already available: your energies, combined with those of your friends and colleagues.
Course Duration : June 5, 2018- August 14, 2018
- Weeks 1-5 - Identify and learn from local resources and successes
- Weeks 6-9 - Prepare for and initiate local action
- Weeks 10-12 - Monitor and adjust actions to achieve and sustain local goals
Time commitment : 2-3 hours per week for overview of content; 8-10 hours for in-depth study
Certificate description: Individuals in their communities must accept collective responsibility for ensuring a more just and lasting future. Together with members of your community, you can act now-without waiting for policy change, grants, or even inspirational leaders-to work toward and secure the future you hope to realize.
Grow the Change You Wish To See provides devoted change agents with a set of flexible action-oriented tasks, filled with tools, activities, and ideas. Whether you are hoping to use this course as a launch-pad for your very first community improvement project, or you have years of social change experience and would like to improve the effectiveness of your existing organization, engaging with the content as well as with your peers will offer many unique opportunities!
In this certificate, you will learn how to foster:
- Collaborative leadership: How to build a community-based team to realize change without waiting for inspirational leaders to take charge;
- Community-led development: How to identify, and ground your efforts in existing successes, strengths, and resources;
- Effective action: How to develop a realistic action plan and monitor your community’s progress towards its goals;
- Behavioral change: How to harness human energy for observable community change;
- Positive growth: How to evaluate your progress for continual refinement
This certificate course is built upon the framework of a time-tested method of community-led development. The SEED-SCALE theory of change (see: www.seed-scale.org) was developed a quarter century ago and has been successfully implemented in 40 countries and countless communities around the world. Sustainable community-led change always begins locally- with a SEED- like a plant growing in its native soil. Then, by continually harnessing human energy and gaining momentum, this local change can be grown- to SCALE- and adapted to larger contexts.
At Future Generations University, our mission is to teach individuals how to enable a process for achieving equitable change that empowers communities to shape their futures. We have been training the world’s social change agents for over a decade, and are now providing a new hands-on learning opportunity for individuals who are eager to generate positive change in their communities.
Cost : Upon successful completion, this certificate can be worth 3-credits that can be used towards the Future Generations Master’s Degree Program. We now offer a few different options for payment, with different levels of instruction and optional credits, please see them below. Upon registration for the certificate, you will be able to choose which option you would like to go with.
Option 1 : $25 enrollment fee -
- All online course, no faculty involvement
- Automatic feedback on assignments
- Receive an online badge upon completion of course
- Online course, but with minimal faculty involvement
- Weekly ZOOM sessions with faculty member, minimal feedback on assignments
- Receive a certificate upon completion of course
- Online course, with faculty involvement
- Face-to-Face mentoring weekly, high feedback on assignments
- Receive credits toward our Masterâs program upon completion of course
Thank you! Please keep me updated as you find out about the different payment options through PayPal.Travel : This certificate does not require travel outside of your community, but it does require engagement with people in your community!